Guest Services/Front Desk Agent
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To assist guests and resort staff efficiently, courteously and professionally, maintaining a high standard of service and hospitality. Provides all aspects of the highest level of guest service.|
|Duties:||1. Effectively assists all guests.|
2. Maintains a high level of customer service while adhering to AAA, Leading Hotels and Resort Standards.
3. Check-in and check-out guests efficiently within AAA’s time standards.
4. Directs all guest requests and issues to the proper departments; follows through to ensure requests and issues are fully resolved.
5. Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the Guest Services Manager, Director of Rooms, MOD or Resort Manager.
6. Obtains appropriate credit card signature with full authorization for the guests’ stay.
7. Maintains bank, which includes, but is not limited to making change and posting cash payments.
8. Understands and adhere to proper credit, check cashing and accounting policies and procedures.
9. Posts additional charges to guest accounts during their stay and after departure.
10. Research as necessary to bill guests correctly (i.e. faxes, tours, laundry, etc.).
11. Knows reservations, room types, locations and rates to upsell upon arrival.
12. Uses suggestive selling techniques to (up) sell rooms and to promote other services at the resort.
13. Works closely with Housekeeping department to ensure availability of rooms.
14. Tracks and notes all early arrivals, late departures, room moves, VIP’s and repeat guests, as well as any special requests.
15. Maintains key control and key security for all guests of the resort.
16. Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
17. Ensures that mini bar procedures are followed including key security; final day postings and reconciliation.
18. Uses proper mail, package and message handling procedures; logs mail as necessary.
19. Reads the log book and/or emails daily and completes any requests.
20. Knowledge of daily activities, group events, etc.
21. Assists Reservations, Concierge and Marketplace during closure and rush hours.
22. Knows all safety and emergency procedures including accident prevention policies and power outage procedures.
23. Cover the PBX switchboard during PBX operator breaks when necessary.
24. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||High school degree or equivalent. Prior hotel/resort front desk experience highly desired. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. |
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.