Chef (Mii amo Cafe)
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Life, 401k|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Mii amo Spa Cafe|
|Description:||Supervise and administer the kitchen operation, including but not limited to coordination of new menu ideas and utilization of products to maximize customer satisfaction and control of food costs, oversee food preparation, inventory & portion control and ordering of all foods necessary for kitchen operation.|
|Duties:||1. Supervise the kitchen to insure compliance with the resorts objectives and the health and safety of all employees and guests.|
2. Responsible for supplying the food and equipment necessary for food production and service.
3. Observe safety and legal requirements as to the health and labor departments, maintain all kitchen areas in the highest standards of cleanliness at all times.
4. Enforce the use of standard recipes for all dishes to insure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality.
5. Creates and test new menu items to determine market acceptance.
6. Control inventory and ordering of food, cleaning equipment, cleaning supplies and utensils necessary for food production.
7. Maximize profitability through proper food and labor cost controls.
8. Train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper techniques of food handling, food preparation and cost control of high quality food products.
9. Interview, hire, train and review performance of kitchen and stewards.
10. Monitor labor to be in accordance with department and resort guidelines, on a daily basis.
11. Monitors payroll daily and bi-weekly.
12. Act as an ambassador of Enchantment & Mii amo by speaking positively of the Resort at all times.
13. Foster a work environment of teamwork and mutual service by assisting coworkers and other departments as necessary to exceed our guests’ expectations.
14. Hold monthly department meetings to review resort events, departmental policies and procedures and maintain high level of morale.
15. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Culinary school graduate or equivalent related work related experience and/or training. Prefer 3+ years’ prior supervisory skills and kitchen management experience. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Must obtain/maintain current Yavapai County Food Worker's certification.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.