Cook (Mii amo Cafe)
|Salary Range:||DOE $12-16/hour|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K available|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Mii amo Spa Cafe|
|Description:||Prepare, season and cook soups, meats and vegetables, as well as other hot food items. Uses a variety of kitchen tools and equipment to prepare food. Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperatures of ovens, grills and broilers. Observe and test foods being cooked. Observe all kitchen rules and standards of attitude, personal conduct, attendance and appearance.|
|Duties:||1. Set up line equipment for service.|
2. Reports to work at scheduled time and maintain good personal hygiene and neat and clean uniform.
3. Demonstrate a working knowledge of cooking techniques, preparation, storage and sanitation.
4. Organization and preparation of menu items to open on time.
5. Cook menu items with speed and accuracy.
6. Know and prepare for Banquet Event Orders as needed.
7. Create daily prep list to maintain levels.
8. Communicate with Sous Chefs and Prep Cooks when extra help is needed.
9. Break down and clean line, change pans, utilize product wisely at the end of service.
10. Handle checklists for opening and closing the department.
11. Have knowledge of cooking techniques.
12. Know the use and cleaning of kitchen tools and appliances.
13. Understand ingredient use.
14. Read and understand recipes.
15. Know sanitation, health and safety rules of the culinary department.
16. Reconcile food inventories and other paperwork.
17. Must follow and insure use of safety equipment recommended by department.
18. Maintain neat and orderly work area.
19. Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, walk-ins and storage areas.
20. Foster an environment of teamwork and mutual service by assisting coworkers and other departments as necessary to exceed our guests’ expectations.
21. Act as an ambassador of Enchantment by speaking positively of the Resort at all times.
22. Able to work effectively with all employees.
23. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years minimum kitchen experience necessary. Attention to detail and able to multi-task many priorities. Self motivated, ability to work with little supervision and organized. Must be dependable. Must be comfortable communicating with staff with Basic English. Must obtain a Yavapai County food handlers card. |
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.