Camp Counselor (on-call)
|Employment Type:||On Call|
|Description:||Promote and market camp to all resort guests to increase revenues. Create and implement new and improve existing programs, crafts and activity ideas. Primary function is to challenge and educate children enrolled in the camp in a safe, fun and caring manner.|
|Duties:||1. Arrive to work a half hour before program begins wearing your nametag and proper uniform.|
2. Prepare parental release forms, charge slips and activities prepared upon greeting children and parents.
3. Verify camp registration books each evening and every morning to see if there are any children registered for camp.
4. Possess the ability to create, organize and supervise activities, arts and crafts projects for children ages 4 -12.
5. Must be able to lead and supervisor 1-6 children at a time.
6. Contact and call in additional staff as necessary when counts go above stated numbers to ensure safety for all.
7. Order meals as necessary from room service.
8. Upon completion of the program clean all areas of the camp to ensure neat and clean for next day.
9. Daily/Weekly monitor inventories of all crafts, food supplies and department forms required to run a profitable and efficient program.
10. Assist in creating and organizing seasonal camp schedule and camp/resort holiday events
11. Deliver lecture schedules, movie flyers and related Camp Schedules, flyers and paperwork to specific departments/locations around the resort.
12. Log work orders for repairs in Camp Coyote in the computer.
13. Prepare purchase requisitions as needed, must have Activities Manager signature and approval.
14. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or equivalent. Child development, recreation or educational background preferred. Parenting/child care or supervisory skills and posses the desire to work with children on a daily basis. Certified in CPR/ First Aid for children & infants. Hold current Yavapai County Food Worker’s certification. Need to be flexible and able to work on an on call basis. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong team member relations skills. Must pass thorough background screening prior to commencing work.|